For employers to better understand the specifics of the new TFW program and its expected impacts, the Canadian Chamber is hosting a webinar on July 29 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The presenter will be Colin Spencer James, Director, Program Policy & Design, at the Temporary Foreign Worker Directorate at Employment and Social Development Canada.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- New high-wage and low-wage categories
- Additional information that is required for the new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- The cap on low-wage TFWs per employer
- Changes to the program for certain sectors in areas of high unemployment
- Changes to the length of time TFWs can be in Canada and to the work permit durations
- Increases in fees for LMIAs
- Transition plan requirements for employers
- Other changes to consider before applying to the program
Participants on the webinar will be able to ask questions to better understand how the new program will work.
Please join the webinar on July 29! Visit this link to register