May 28 – June 3 is National Tourism Week in Canada. Organized nationally by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) and provincially by the Tourism Industry Association of British Columbia (TIABC), National Tourism Week shines a light on the major economic impact from the tourism industry.
go2HR has an opportunity for tourism industry employers to participate in a survey.
Tourism Kelowna is hosting its second annual Tourism Industry Showcase event on Wednesday April 26 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What is this event? This is an opportunity for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholders to get together and learn about each other in preparation for our busy spring, summer, and fall seasons. Think of it like a combination of a familiarization tour, networking, and speed dating.
There are three opportunities for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholder businesses to participate in this event:
- Send your frontline and customer service staff for free! They will have the opportunity to chat with many of Kelowna’s tourism businesses by browsing through all of the booths in the showcase. This will allow them to learn about these businesses and make better recommendations to visitors during our busy Spring, Summer, and Fall season.
- Purchase a Showcase booth and show off your activity, attraction, food & drink, farm, or tour business. There is an early bird rate of $75 if you purchase before April 20!
- Attend one of three training opportunities that are available to you and your staff:
- How to utilize Tourism Kelowna’s Services and Guides
- Using Social Media to Serve Visitors and Increase Visitors
- Learn How to Monitor Your Tourism Kelowna Web Traffic and Listings
Please click through to our Eventbrite page to sign up. Once on the site, click on the green “Tickets” button and scroll through the options: https://goo.gl/AGq4N7
For questions or more information about this event, please contact Chris Lewis at email@example.com or 250-861-1515 ext. 207.
Tourism Kelowna’s Business Development Consultant in Calgary, Nicolle Gomez de Sousa has been busy reminding Calgary based corporations that Kelowna is an affordable, easy and welcoming option for their business meetings. In all her meetings, she has been told that with energy prices stabilizing, businesses are now increasing production, hiring staff, and ultimately making more money which enables them to lift travel bans and meeting restrictions.
Earlier this month, the local Calgary chapters of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and the International Live Events Association (ILEA) joined forces to host 80 meeting industry professionals for the annual One Conference. Nicolle attended the conference and had an opportunity network with a number of third party and association meeting planners during the course of the day. The event also included a small marketplace to further promote our destination to the attendees and she is currently working on a familiarization trip for one of the planners who Nicolle met during the conference.
For more information on this and other Calgary sales initiatives please contact Nicolle Gomez de Sousa at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 587-716-5599.
Are you interested in hiring a co-op student to join your team but not sure how you’ll cover the cost of his or her employment? If you are a small- to medium-sized enterprise (‘SME’) located in the Southern Interior, you may be eligible for a grant through the Southern Interior Development Initiative Trust (‘SIDIT’). Continue reading
With spring just around the corner, travellers are starting to think of their next vacation and Kelowna is top of mind. With increased interest comes increased web traffic. Now is the time to ensure that your Tourism Kelowna web listing is up to date. Continue reading