May 28 – June 3 is National Tourism Week in Canada. Organized nationally by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) and provincially by the Tourism Industry Association of British Columbia (TIABC), National Tourism Week shines a light on the major economic impact from the tourism industry.
Steve Small joined Tourism Kelowna as our Digital Marketing Co-ordinator on May 1, 2017. Some of you will already know and recognize Steve as he has been with our team as a Visitor Sales and Services Counsellor since 2015. His experience and training made him a super candidate for this key role on our marketing and communications team.
go2HR has an opportunity for tourism industry employers to participate in a survey.
New content has been added to tourismkelowna.com and golfkelowna.com to inspire visitors to choose Kelowna and help them plan their adventures. Based on recent research, and aligning to our advertising efforts, we have enhanced content around Wine & Food, Outdoor … Continue reading
What better way to create demand for Kelowna and inspire travel to our area than by leveraging some of the beautiful user-generated content (UGC) that’s available? Continue reading
Tourism Kelowna is hosting its second annual Tourism Industry Showcase event on Wednesday April 26 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What is this event? This is an opportunity for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholders to get together and learn about each other in preparation for our busy spring, summer, and fall seasons. Think of it like a combination of a familiarization tour, networking, and speed dating.
There are three opportunities for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholder businesses to participate in this event:
- Send your frontline and customer service staff for free! They will have the opportunity to chat with many of Kelowna’s tourism businesses by browsing through all of the booths in the showcase. This will allow them to learn about these businesses and make better recommendations to visitors during our busy Spring, Summer, and Fall season.
- Purchase a Showcase booth and show off your activity, attraction, food & drink, farm, or tour business. There is an early bird rate of $75 if you purchase before April 20!
- Attend one of three training opportunities that are available to you and your staff:
- How to utilize Tourism Kelowna’s Services and Guides
- Using Social Media to Serve Visitors and Increase Visitors
- Learn How to Monitor Your Tourism Kelowna Web Traffic and Listings
Please click through to our Eventbrite page to sign up. Once on the site, click on the green “Tickets” button and scroll through the options: https://goo.gl/AGq4N7
For questions or more information about this event, please contact Chris Lewis at email@example.com or 250-861-1515 ext. 207.