Tourism Kelowna is hosting its second annual Tourism Industry Showcase event on Wednesday April 26 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What is this event? This is an opportunity for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholders to get together and learn about each other in preparation for our busy spring, summer, and fall seasons. Think of it like a combination of a familiarization tour, networking, and speed dating.
There are three opportunities for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholder businesses to participate in this event:
- Send your frontline and customer service staff for free! They will have the opportunity to chat with many of Kelowna’s tourism businesses by browsing through all of the booths in the showcase. This will allow them to learn about these businesses and make better recommendations to visitors during our busy Spring, Summer, and Fall season.
- Purchase a Showcase booth and show off your activity, attraction, food & drink, farm, or tour business. There is an early bird rate of $75 if you purchase before April 20!
- Attend one of three training opportunities that are available to you and your staff:
- How to utilize Tourism Kelowna’s Services and Guides
- Using Social Media to Serve Visitors and Increase Visitors
- Learn How to Monitor Your Tourism Kelowna Web Traffic and Listings
Please click through to our Eventbrite page to sign up. Once on the site, click on the green “Tickets” button and scroll through the options: https://goo.gl/AGq4N7
For questions or more information about this event, please contact Chris Lewis at email@example.com or 250-861-1515 ext. 207.
With spring just around the corner, travellers are starting to think of their next vacation and Kelowna is top of mind. With increased interest comes increased web traffic. Now is the time to ensure that your Tourism Kelowna web listing is up to date. Continue reading
It is our pleasure to announce that Melissa McCluskey has moved into the Position of Visitor Sales & Services Co-ordinator – Visitor Engagement.
On Tuesday night Council voted in favour of the project and approved second and third reading of the re-zoning application for the parcel of land at the Queensway Jetty. This is a key step for this important project, and allows us to continue with building a new visitor centre for Kelowna. Thank you to the many stakeholders, organizations and residents who showed their support! Continue reading
It’s here! The 2017 Kelowna and area Visitors’ Guide is hot off the press and has already started finding homes on racks and counter-tops across the city, the valley, province, and the country! Continue reading
Today, Daniel Bibby, Chair of Tourism Kelowna’s Board of Directors, provided an update on the timeline and design of the new visitor centre project. Continue reading