September 27, 2017: Kelowna, BC – Following a comprehensive search that drew in over 90 applications from across Canada, the Board of Directors of Tourism Kelowna is pleased to announce the appointment of Lisanne Ballantyne as its President and CEO. Ballantyne is a seasoned executive with senior leadership experience that spans tourism, economic development, major events, marketing sponsorships, sales, and public assembly facilities management and will join the Tourism Kelowna team October 30, 2017.
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) is collecting information regarding the economic impact of the current wildfire situation on tourism businesses in the region.
Your feedback will help TOTA provide the provincial government with an overview of the effects the wildfires are having on local businesses, both in areas directly affected and those outside of the directly affected areas.
You can participate in the survey by clicking here.
May 28 – June 3 is National Tourism Week in Canada. Organized nationally by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) and provincially by the Tourism Industry Association of British Columbia (TIABC), National Tourism Week shines a light on the major economic impact from the tourism industry.
Tourism Kelowna is hosting its second annual Tourism Industry Showcase event on Wednesday April 26 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What is this event? This is an opportunity for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholders to get together and learn about each other in preparation for our busy spring, summer, and fall seasons. Think of it like a combination of a familiarization tour, networking, and speed dating.
There are three opportunities for Tourism Kelowna Stakeholder businesses to participate in this event:
- Send your frontline and customer service staff for free! They will have the opportunity to chat with many of Kelowna’s tourism businesses by browsing through all of the booths in the showcase. This will allow them to learn about these businesses and make better recommendations to visitors during our busy Spring, Summer, and Fall season.
- Purchase a Showcase booth and show off your activity, attraction, food & drink, farm, or tour business. There is an early bird rate of $75 if you purchase before April 20!
- Attend one of three training opportunities that are available to you and your staff:
- How to utilize Tourism Kelowna’s Services and Guides
- Using Social Media to Serve Visitors and Increase Visitors
- Learn How to Monitor Your Tourism Kelowna Web Traffic and Listings
Please click through to our Eventbrite page to sign up. Once on the site, click on the green “Tickets” button and scroll through the options: https://goo.gl/AGq4N7
For questions or more information about this event, please contact Chris Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-861-1515 ext. 207.
With spring just around the corner, travellers are starting to think of their next vacation and Kelowna is top of mind. With increased interest comes increased web traffic. Now is the time to ensure that your Tourism Kelowna web listing is up to date. Continue reading